Denver's first train station was developed in 1868 to serve the new Denver Pacific Railway, which associated Denver to the fundamental cross-country line at Cheyenne, Wyoming. By 1875, there were four distinctive railroad stations, making traveler moves between various railroad lines badly designed. To cure this issue, the Union Pacific Railroad proposed making one focal "Union Station" to join the different activities.
In February 1880, the proprietors of the four lines (the Union Pacific, the Denver and Rio Grande Western, the Denver, South Park and Pacific and the Colorado Central) consented to fabricate a station at seventeenth and Wynkoop Streets. Planner A. Taylor of Kansas City was enlisted to build up the plans and the station opened in May 1881.
Please visit the business of one of our regular supporters.
Denver, CO USA
Follow articles RSS
Follow comments' RSS flux